Accessories have always been an essential part of fashion. It complements an outfit and enhances its overall appeal. In recent years, market set pendants have become a popular accessory among fashion-forward individuals. These unique pieces of jewelry are known for their intricate design and alluring charm.
The History of the Market Set Pendant
Market set pendant originated in India around the 16th century. It was originally crafted for royalty and the aristocrats. The art of making market set pendants was passed down from generation to generation, and soon, it became a popular craft among Indian artisans.
The production of market set pendants involves the process of setting precious gemstones in metal to create intricate designs. The gemstones are arranged in a specific pattern to form different shapes and designs. Over the years, the art of making market set pendants has evolved, and the designs have become more intricate and refined.
The Importance of the Market Set Pendant in Fashion
Market set pendants are a must-have accessory for individuals who want to make a statement with their fashion sense. They add a touch of elegance, sophistication, and charm to any outfit. The intricate design and the use of precious gemstones make these pendants stand out from any other accessory.
One of the reasons why the market set pendant is so popular is its versatility. It can be paired with different outfits, from traditional Indian attire to modern western wear. The market set pendant is a perfect example of how traditional Indian craft can be incorporated into modern fashion.
The Benefits of Owning a Market Set Pendant
There are many benefits to owning a market set pendant. Here are a few of the standout benefits:
– Versatility: As previously mentioned, market set pendants are versatile and can be paired with different outfits.
– Timeless: Market set pendants are a timeless accessory that will never go out of style.
– Unique: These pendants are unique, and each piece is one-of-a-kind.
– Investment: Market set pendants are an investment piece, and the value of the gemstones and the metal used increases over time.
The Different Types of Market Set Pendants
There are different types of market set pendants available in the market. Here are a few of the most popular ones:
– Kundan: Kundan market set pendants are made using a technique in which gemstones are set in pure gold foil. These pendants are known for their delicacy and intricate designs.
– Polki: Polki market set pendants are made using natural diamonds and uncut gemstones. These pendants have a rustic and antique feel to them.
– Meenakari: Meenakari market set pendants are made using a technique in which the metal is enameled and painted with bright colors. These pendants are perfect for those who love colorful jewelry.
– Jadau: Jadau market set pendants are made using a technique in which the gold is hammered and molded into intricate designs. These pendants are known for their opulence and exquisite details.
Care and Maintenance of Market Set Pendants
Market set pendants require proper care and maintenance to ensure that they remain in good condition. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
– Store in a cool and dry place.
– Clean the pendant regularly using a soft bristle brush and warm water.
– Avoid exposing the pendant to harsh chemicals, perfume, and hairspray.
– Take the pendant to a professional jeweler for cleaning and polishing every few years.
Market set pendants are a unique and versatile accessory that can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any outfit. These pendants have a rich history and are a perfect example of how traditional Indian craft can be incorporated into modern fashion. If you are a fashion-forward individual who loves unique jewelry, then a market set pendant should be on your list of must-have accessories.